To supplement the text, Codio's Introduction to Python course includes recommended supplemental videos along with auto-graded labs. After working through the book, students have the opportunity to see the same information presented in another way and get instant feedback on their level of understanding!
Book Description"If you want to learn how to program, working with Python is an excellent way to start. This hands-on guide takes you through the language a step at a time, beginning with basic programming concepts before moving on to functions, recursion, data structures, and object-oriented design. This second edition and its supporting code have been updated for Python 3.Through exercises in each chapter, you’ll try out programming concepts as you learn them. Think Python is ideal for students at the high school or college level, as well as self-learners, home-schooled students, and professionals who need to learn programming basics. Beginners just getting their feet wet will learn how to start with Python in a browser.
- Start with the basics, including language syntax and semantics
- Get a clear definition of each programming concept
- Learn about values, variables, statements, functions, and data structures in a logical progression
- Discover how to work with files and databases
- Understand objects, methods, and object-oriented programming
- Use debugging techniques to fix syntax, runtime, and semantic errors
- Explore interface design, data structures, and GUI-based programs through case studies"
Learn by Doing Approach
Follow along with the text examples with Codio's fully featured in-browser IDE. With syntax highlighting, built-in debugger, terminal access, and ability to run code with a click of the button, students will be using professional grade tools as they build their skills.